As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dog fences are the most common way of training them. They are easy to use and effective in keeping your dog safe and preventing it from escaping and getting lost. We know there are a lot of containment systems available on the market, but if you want to buy a reliable, feature-rich, and efficient system, you should consider the Sit Boo-Boo Hidden Dog Fence.
There are a lot of things to love about this system, from its solid copper wire to the improved transmitter performance, to the longer battery life of its rechargeable battery. There is also the fact that it is a hidden system, which means there are no visible wires on which your dog can trip over. Of course, this system has many other features that make it one of the best dog containment systems on the market. So, let’s check them out.
Features of Sit Boo-Boo Hidden Dog Fence
- Invisible wired dog fence that provides you a quick and effective training method. No radio holes as it usually happens with some wireless systems.
- Quick-to-set boundaries for dogs that love trespassing or are too stubborn to follow your orders. In this way, you’ll be able to set up the perimeter in no time to let your dog know where they can and can’t go.
- Can be installed above or under the ground. This feature allows you to choose how to place your dog fence based on the shape and size of your property and your dog personality. If you place it in-ground, make sure the ground is shallow, otherwise, the transmitter won’t connect well to the collar. On the other hand, if you place the system above the ground, it’s best to dig a shallow channel around the safe zone to prevent your pooch from chewing the cord.
- 955-feet long solid copper boundary wire that strengthens the signal and boosts the system’s reliability. It can cover up to 1.2 acres and are of any shape if used in-ground. Moreover, there’s an option to add more cord to cover an area of up to 5 acres.
- Transmitter with an attractive design and equipped with the latest radio wave technology.
- Waterproof, rechargeable collar.
- 5 different correction settings for adjustable and precise training suited to your dog.
- Can hold an unlimited number of collars, which makes it a great choice for owners of multiple dogs. However, the additional collars need to be purchased separately.
- Suitable for dogs of different sizes. Plus, the settings can be adjusted for each dog to ensure their safety.
- The package includes a collar, transmitter, wire, boundary flags, and a limited replacement warranty.
Pros and Cons of Sit Boo-Boo Hidden Dog Fence
- Works as an in-ground and above-ground fence.
- A solid copper wire that covers up to 1.2 acres with the possibility to expand it up to 5 acres with additional wire.
- Perfect for large properties and properties with an irregular shape.
- Easy to set up and includes a quick start training guide.
- 5 correction settings that can be adjusted to each dog.
- Waterproof, rechargeable collar.
- Suitable for all dogs.
- Allows for multiple-zone setup.
- Can hold an unlimited number of dogs with additional collars purchased separately.
- Comes with a limited replacement warranty.
- Inexpensive – costs under $100.
- Wired system, which is not the preferred option for most pet owners.
- The product’s quality is called into question as some users claim that the system has stopped working in less than a month.
- Some users report that the wire is thin and breaks easily.
- Possibility if over-shocking as the collar can be too intense for some dogs.
As you can see, Sit Boo-Boo Hidden Dog Fence is a good, affordable, and reliable containment system for dogs. It has plenty of impressive features that make it suitable for all types of dogs. Hence, you don’t have to waste time looking for a system that is suitable for your dog’s breed or size. In addition, it’s very adjustable, so you can customize it according to your dog’s needs.
Although it’s not perfect and has its flaws, Sit Boo-Boo Hidden Dog Fence doesn’t have the usual signal issues as wireless fences have. Moreover, you can choose whether you want to place it above or under the ground. And, it suits all forms of lands, even the irregular-shaped ones.
Therefore, if you are looking for a customizable, easy-to-install, and affordable containment system that won’t break your bank, you should definitely consider this product.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Last update on 2020-10-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API