As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whether you are looking for a way to protect your dog or prevent them from escaping, wireless dog fences are a great solution. They are easy to use, effortless to install, need no digging and wires, portable. But, most importantly they are effective and keep your pooch withing the allowed perimeter.
There are plenty of wireless fences on the market, but if you want a reliable and safe one, you should consider the PetSafe PIF-300 Wireless Fence.
In this article, we take a close look at this model and provide you with all the relevant information about this model. Who knows? It may be the perfect wireless fence for your dog. So, let’s check it out!
[link to the product]
Petsafe PIF-300 Features
One of the most important features everyone looks at is the signal consistency and reliability of the device. With Petsafe PIF-300 you don’t have to worry about that as it ensures a constant radio signal. Whenever your pooch feels like leaving their safe zone, the transmitter will send a signal to the dog’s collar. The collar will first emit an alert to warn your dog. If this doesn’t stop your dog from crossing the boundary, the collar will emit a mild correction. The correction can be a tone or a shock, depending on your preferences.
What makes this wireless fence so good are its features, including:
- Coverage area of up to 180 feet in diameter, which gives your dog plenty of space to roam around and play.
- Waterproof collar with 5 adjustable settings, which allows you to customize the strength of correction your dog receives.
- Automatic safety shut off of the collar for keeping your dog safe – The correction automatically stops after 30 seconds so that your dog doesn’t get over-shocked.
- Collar shut off in case of a power outage to prevent accidental shock.
- Option to expand the coverage area by adding additional transmitters.
- Supports an unlimited number of dogs with additional collars purchased separately.
What Does the Package Include?
PetSafe PIF-300 comes with:
- Wireless transmitter with power adapter.
- Waterproof and adjustable collar.
- 50 boundary training flags.
- Long contact points.
- Test light tool.
- Training guide.
- Instructional manual.
Pros and Cons of PetSafe PIF-300 Wireless Fence
- Easy and quick installation as there’s no digging or wires to install.
- Portable – you can take it with you no matter where you go.
- Waterproof collar with 5 adjustable correction levels.
- Tone-only mode.
- Alert warning tone.
- Automatic correction shut off.
- Battery indicator.
- Possible signal interference if there are metal objects, hills, slopes, or electronic devices nearby.
- Inconsistent field shape that can cause gaps in the boundary, thus making space for your dog to leave their zone unnoticed.
- Chance of emitting static correction when the dog is within the allowed perimeter.
- Possible boundary changes as a result of signal interference.
- Complete PIF-300 system with bonus battery pack - includes two extra RFA-67D batteries
- Covers an adjustable circular area up to 1/2 acre (180-feet in diameter).
- Completely wireless-portable
- Adjustable levels of correction- plus tone only mode
- A variety of factors including terrain topography and metal objects may affect operating range
PetSafe PIF-300 Wireless Fence for dogs comes with some great features. It’s safe to use, easy to install, and effective. Plus, it comes with everything you need to use it. Of course, it’s not flawless, so there are several drawbacks such as signal interference and inconsistent shape of the field. But, apart from those cons, this product is great for securing the perimeter and creating a safe zone for your dog. You no longer have to worry about them escaping from the yard unnoticed.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Last update on 2021-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API