As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Can we agree that training your dog can be tricky and hard at times? We all love our dogs, but making them follow our orders can be time-consuming and hard, especially if your pet is stubborn. Fortunately, there are tricks that can help you make the whole training experience easier. One of them is using training treats for dogs.
These treats encourage your pooch to behave as instructed. They are used as a reward for their good behavior and help owners train their dogs. But, which training treats for dogs to buy?
To find out the answer to this and some other questions, keep reading!
5 Best Training Treats for Dogs in 2020
What Should You Consider When Looking for Training Treats for Your Dog?
There are a lot of dog treats on the market. But, since they are not all the same nor ideal for training, you need to choose the ones that best suit your dog. For instance, a big and tasty piece of jerky will probably be adored by your dog. However, it’s not suitable for training because it won’t help you with repetitive actions.
Therefore, it’d be best to choose tiny pieces of tasty food. They’ll be tasty enough to make the dog work hard to get them and small enough to be eaten right away as a reward. Moreover, it should be dry food so that it doesn’t make a mess in your pocket or wherever you carry it.
Another option is to use humans’ food dogs like, such as peanut butter or cheese. However, if you use this type of food, make sure you give your pooch in small quantities as it will cause issues. That’s why it’s best to choose a dog-friendly training treat from a reliable brand.
What Are Dog-Friendly Training Treats?
We talk about dog training treats and know their purpose but we don’t know what exactly they are. Dog-friendly treats for training are healthy, nutritious, and tasty treats of high quality. They don’t contain any empty carbs or additives. When choosing a product, make sure you consider the dietary needs of your dog.
Review of the 5 Best Training Treats for Dogs
Simple and delicious, these bacon-flavored training treats for dogs. They have a simple formula with real pork liver and added omega fatty acids and herbs to make them healthy. They come as tiny pieces and thanks to their irresistible flavor, they are perfect for training dogs of all ages. As users claim, they are great for dog training and give results due to the strong flavor.
- Perfect Size For Repetitive Rewards; Approximately 500 Treats Per Bag
- Easy To Carry In Your Pocket
- Made With Real Pork Liver; Healthy And Nutritional
- Low Calorie Treat
- Made In The Usa
If your dog prefers chicken over pork flavor, you should consider the BLUE Wilderness trail treats. This product is dry food and is grain-free, which makes it suitable for dogs with food allergies. Apart from no containing grains, this product also doesn’t contain artificial flavors or preservatives. Instead, they contain omega fatty acids and DHA, which promotes cognitive development.
- PACKED WITH REAL CHICKEN: Made with more of the delicious chicken your dog loves BLUE Wilderness Wild Bits are the soft-moist and meaty treat made to satisfy their wild side.
- MADE WITH DHA: An important fatty acid found in mother's milk DHA helps promote cognitive development in canines.
- WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS: Made with omega 3 & 6 fatty acids these dog training treats are more than just tasty, they're healthy too!
- GRAIN FREE DOG TREATS: Featuring only the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals Wilderness dog treats are grain free and contain no chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, and no corn, wheat or soy.
- Contains (1) 4oz bag of Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats Wild Bits High Protein Grain Free Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats Chicken Recipe
Here’s another beef-flavored option for gourmand dogs. This delicious treat is one of the best-sellers on the market and comes in two additional flavors – turkey and chicken. Hence, you can choose between three flavors based on your dog’s preferences. What makes this product a great choice for training your pooch is that it’s healthy. Namely, it doesn’t contain grains or any artificial fillers and ll the ingredients are slowly smoked.
- HEALTHY & NATURAL - You want only the best for your best friend. So the premium treats we make at Rocco & Roxie are never enhanced with artificial flavoring or fillers like corn, soy and gluten. They are naturally irresistible. Like dogs.
- SECRET FAMILY RECIPE DOGS LOVE - What’s the secret to these tasty treats? We start with all-American beef of the highest quality. The second ingredient is time. It takes a full 10 hours of smoking to develop that soft chewy texture dogs love.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - We have been told that even the most finicky dogs love our Jerky Sticks. But don’t take our word for it. Break off a piece, see if that tail wags. Tails are such a give-away.
- PERFECT TRAINING TREAT - Your dog accomplishes a task; he gets a treat. He gets a treat he really really loves and that makes him want to learn more. Our treats are super motivating!
- NO-STINK HANDS - Unlike artificially enhanced dog treats that leave a greasy, smelly residue on your hands, these feel and smell just like a delicious piece of beef jerky.
Does your dog suffer from food allergies and can’t eat dairy or chicken and similar meats? If so, here’s a product you should consider. Plato Pet Treats with salmon fish is a healthy and delicious training treat for dogs with fish instead of meats as its main ingredient. Apart from salmon, it also contains organic brown rice, vitamin C, vitamin E, and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. There are no artificial fillers or any other additives. No wonder is one of the top choices for dogs that love fish or have a food allergy.
- REAL MEAT: It's the first ingredient; We air-dry single-source proteins like organic chicken, duck and salmon for the greatest flavor and purest nutrients
- AIR-DRIED TREATS: We air-dry, not bake, all of our treats to preserve the foods' inherent nutrients; Taking the extra time also makes our treats especially tasty
- ONLY THE GOOD STUFF: You won't find any fillers here; Small Bites are free of added sugars, artificial flavors, by-products, protein-meals, grain, gluten, soy, wheat and corn
- TRUSTED TREATS MADE SMART: We're committed to quality so you can feel good about what you're giving your pup; We test every batch of product we make in our in-house lab
- FAMILY-OWNED & OPERATED: Small Bites are made and quality-controlled in our own facility in the heart of California, ensuring that every treat we put out is wag-worthy
Finding the best training food for your dog mostly means finding food they will love. Therefore, if your beloved pooch is into rawhide and beef jerky, this product may be the right choice. What makes this product special and different from the others on the list is that it’s made of only one ingredient – freeze-dried beef liver. Hence, there are no artificial additives or fillers. However, this product is not as nutritious as the other options presented here. Fortunately, it’s still effective for training dogs according to users’ claims.
- 100% SOURCED & MADE IN THE USA. Our treats are locally sourced throughout the US and freeze dried in Dayton, Ohio under our own roof, to use with confidence under yours.
- HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENT & NOTHING ELSE! The only ingredient in this recipe is USDA-certified, human-grade bison liver so these treats are all natural, grain free, gluten free, soy free, corn free and have no preservatives, artificial colors, additives or flavors.
- SINGLE INGREDIENT = MANY HEALTH BENEFITS. Your dog craves organ meat and livers are packed with protein and nutrients. They are rich with vitamins and minerals including Vitamin A, B12, iron, folic acid, magnesium and taurine. Our treats can be used for indulging your pet or as a food topper. Either way, they receive all of the natural benefits that liver has to offer!
- CONVENIENT RAW NUTRION. Feeding raw food can be messy, expensive and time consuming. We start with raw liver then our innovative freeze drying process preserves the nutritional integrity while creating a shelf-stable product. Our resealable tubs make it easy to treat your pet after potty breaks, during training exercises or whenever you just can’t resist their sweet face!
- THE ORIGINAL FREEZE DRIED TRAINING TREAT! There is only one original and it’s us! We’ve been making dog treats the same way since 1973. They have been the preferred choice of professional trainers for almost 50 years. Stewart Pro-Treats are Guaranteed Delicious. If you or your dog are not satisfied, our customer care team will make it right.
Ranking of the 10 Best-Selling Training Treats for Dogs
We all want the best for our furry friends, especially when it comes to food. To give you a bigger choice in finding the right training treats for your pooch, here are the 10 best-sellers in this category. We hope it will help you find the product you’ve been looking for.
Finding the right treats for training your dog can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for. But, if you know that you should find a product that is cut into tiny pieces, contains only natural ingredients, and is nutrient-rich, you only need to decide which one suits your dog best.
Look for the products labeled as dog training treats and you won’t go wrong. The only thing to worry about then is whether the product is appropriate for your dog’s age and breed and which flavor your pooch likes the most. And, of course, you should always read the label to check on the ingredients. If all of them are healthy as advertised, you can consider buying that product.
Remember, start slow. Show your dog that these treats are a reward for their good behavior in following your orders and repeating the actions assigned. Once they learn this, training them will be much easier.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Last update on 2021-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API